Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Big Day Big Day Big Day

   Today is the day.  I don't have a lot to say.  I've already been scratched, not maliciously, just out of fear.  I'm nervous and unsure.  I am worried that the second I get there, all the things I know to do will go flying out of my head.  I will express my feelings to you by sharing an email I just sent to Dr. Surgeon OVH master of the day, Smalls.
   "Despite my calm demeanor and obvious cool customer persona, I'm sort of tweaking right now.  I am facing the gauntlet and considering heading to the fire-lit pub, full pint and warm sheepskin throw, rather than running through a passageway of large screaming, hairy men with clubs and stones, in the rain, stripped of my security and probably, lets face it clothes.  Yes, I'm nervous.  I seek comfort and ease.  My natural state is to run away from this obstacle, like so many challenging experiences, and just leave it for another day.  But I can't do that.  I am being marched forward amid this channel of screaming barbarians and I just have to run as fast as I can and take the blows as they come, hoping for the glory that will find me on the other side."

No comments:

Post a Comment